Now that you have determined your space and determined what type of home you wish to build, it is time to define your style. Style is more than an amazing design and beautiful décor, it is what defines the personality of your family. It is essential to think about the company you keep and your family’s various needs such as their hobbies, workspace requirements, and storage space.
#1 Complement your Family’s Lifestyle
- Where would you like to live? Within the city’s various neighborhoods or in a country setting?
- Is your focus on a formal home with plenty of tiny details or a casual and comfortable home?
- Do you need a craft room, an office, a space that doubles as a library? What additional or unique spaces would you like your home to include for your family?
#2 Let Life Happen
- Do you host parties often? Are they formal or informal?
- What do your children do on rainy days? Do you need space for indoor recreation?
- Do you need an office space for someone who works from home?
- Do you have overnight guests often?
#3 Never Ask “Where Should I Put This?” Again
- Prepare your space by considering workspace and hobbies.
- What about storage?
- Do you need your storage to be easily accessible?